Sunday, June 12, 2011

Not goodbye, but see you later!

My paternal grandmother, who we fondly call Mama Red, passed away on Saturday, June 10. As we were on a family vacation out of town, I could not be there with her during her last hours. I did get the chance to speak with her on the phone tho and tell her that I loved her very much before she died.

I was very close to my Mama Red. I grew up with my grandparents and they showered me with so much love. I have so many fond childhood memories with them that are too many to count. As I have been missing my Papa Mert these past 20 years, I will surely miss Mama Red and our many conversations and stories she would tell me. Our family Sunday lunches and holiday celebrations will never be the same. Her presence will definitely leave a big hole in our family's hearts.

While Sabina never got to enjoy her great grandmother the way my eldest did. I have treasured photos in my mind of Mama Red giving Sabina many kisses and hugs. My lola was always very concerned with Sabina's condition and she would always tell me that Sabina was in her daily prayers.
 
As I grieve over the loss of my dearest lola and with great sadness in my heart that she is now gone from this earth, I still have peace and joy. Because i know for sure, that one day, I will be reunited with Mama Red and Papa Mert in heaven with Jesus. My grandparents trusted in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and the Bible promises eternal life in heaven when we believe in His saving work on the cross.

So today, as I prepare my eulogy for my beloved Mama Red, i know it is not goodbye, but see you later.    

I love you Mama Red!! I will really miss you!!!




1 John 5: 11-13 "And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. "

No comments:

Post a Comment